A municipality in the province of Catanzaro, built at the foot of Mount Mancuso, by the will of the D’Aquino to protect and rescue families after the violent earthquake of March 27, 1638. Since then, the most important culture was that of the vine, from which an excellent quality falerno wine was produced and from which the city was named. The inhabitants are called Falernesi.
The local parish was constructed in Baroque style and name after Saint Thomas D’Aquino. The patron Saint Thomas’ feast day is celebrated on March 7. On the first Sunday in October, the feast of The Madonna of the Rosary is celebrated.
Also part of Falerna are Castiglione Marittimo and Falerna Marina. They are approximately 23.85 km2 in size – they are bordered by Gizzeria, Nocera Terinese, Lamezia Terme and with the Tyrrhenian Sea, between the Savuto Valley and the plains of Saint Eufemia. The town is spread over a gentle rolling hill, 550 meters above sea level.